Friday 30 December 2011

Refreshed


Now that Christmas festivities are over, with the exception of seeing the new year in, my thoughts have rapidly returned to my MA.  Taking the time to mull over my final ideas and direction in which I wish to culminate my research has been worthwhile, reconfirming my ideals, what I wish to achieve and more importantly an overview of where my work sits within the sphere of the ceramics, installation art world.


When I look back at the past semester, the amount of physical work produced seems minimal, and not seeing the volume in the culmination of real objects played on my mind. It has taken me a while to see past that, and realise the journey I have been on over the past three months has been a more theoretical one, of intense never-ending evaluation and understanding.  Putting my practise under scrutiny and assessing; why I do what I do, who do I do it for, does what I do serve its purpose,  has been both ardous and thought provoking.  Stepping back from my own work and looking at it objectively has been challenging, but now I have turned a corner the rewards for viewing my work 'under a microscope' are apparent in my thinking, my judgement about what is possible, and the ways in which I able to achieve the desired outcomes.


Time to begin the final phase...............