Monday 1 August 2011

Mounting an exhibition is always a fraught time, and my latest proved that no matter how prepared you are, you need to be ready for surprises.

The Old Hall in Gainsborough is a fantastic venue, dating back the the 16th century, the vaulted beamed gallery space is beautiful and I feel very privileged to exhibit in such surroundings.   The nature of the building and its age made the hanging of work interesting with screwdrivers and nails rolling along the floor and spirit levels providing little in the way of assistance.  After a few long hours and a lot of standing back and adjusting it all came together.

This is the first time I will be showcasing work relating to my masters theme 'naked', I am looking forward to receiving feedback from both the public and my peers.   The preview is August 6th 2010 at 6pm and I will definitely be enjoying a relaxing glass of wine.